Error Message: “Sales Order Processing and Invoicing modules are both installed. They do not share information. Transactions should be entered in one module only.”
Below I discuss how you can turn off this message using Dynamics Utilities and SQL.
This message is displayed to prevent users from accidentally entering transactions in both the Sales Order Processing and Invoicing modules in Microsoft Dynamics GP. These modules do not share any information with each other. All transactions from Sales Order Processing are saved in tables starting with SOP and all Invoicing transactions are saved in tables starting with IVC (Note IVC and not IV which is for Inventory). Data from these tables flows into Receivable Management (RM) after that it goes into General ledger (GL)
You can turn off this warning in the module you are using:
Option 1: Turn off warning using Dynamics GP Utilities
Option 2: Turn off warning using SQL script
Option 1: You can very easily turn off this warning using Dynamics GP Utilities
1. Log in Dynamics GP Utilities.
2. Follow the steps of wizard until “Additional Tasks” Window
3. Select “Remove SOP and Invoicing message from the drop-down list
4. Select the Process button.
5. Check off the checkbox for the module you are using. Example, if you use Sales Order Processing, check off “Warn in Sales Order Processing”. This way the warning will be displayed if user accidently opens the Invoice Entry window from Invoicing module
Option 2: In case, you don’t that access to Dynamics GP Utilities (It happens in some Citrix and cloud hosting environments).
You can run following script against all company databases
To turn off warning in SOP module use
UPDATE SOP40100 SET IVCDSTCK = ’0×00000000′
To turn off warning in SOP module
UPDATE IVC40100 SET IVCDSTCK = ’0×00000000′
If you want to turn on the warning – in these two cases use the 0×01000000 instead of 0×00000000 in the script